Remembrance Day Meditation
On Nov. 11, 11 am, Canada takes a pause from technology and the busyness of life to remember those who shed blood in service to our country. If you are unable to attend a public service, or wish to honor them privately, I offer this Remembrance Day meditation.
Start by turning off all distractions so you can direct your attention within. We will use a variation of the Heart Math institute”s Heart Breath for this meditation:
- Find a comfortable place where you won’t be disturbed. Take a few deep breaths, breathing in for a count of 3 and out for 5 to center yourself
- Once you’ve made this connection, direct your breathing to your heart center as if you could literally breathe through your heart. Begin to breathe Love in and out with every breath
- Do this for several breaths, then focus on feeling GRATITUDE. Spend 2 minutes (or longer) sending your energy, love and gratitude out through your heart with each breath
- Imagine the fallen receiving all this GRATITUDE
- When you’ve completed your memorial meditation, gently bring yourself back into the room you’re in, and strive to maintain this feeling of gratitude throughout the rest of the day, truly appreciating all the freedom and privileges we enjoy today because of the courage and selflessness of those brave souls. Namaste