Want soft clear skin? Better muscle tone? Healthy immune system? Try Dry brushing! Dry skin brushing is part of Ayurveda’s cleansing techniques. Ayurveda is a 5000-year-old science originating in India, so this technique has definitely stood the test of time!
Benefits of dry skin brushing
- Removes dead skin
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Helps release fatty deposits under skin’s surface.
- Rejuvenates your cells
- Strengthens your immune system
- Increases muscle tone
- Improves skin texture
- Helps prevent premature ageing
- Helps the flow of lymph fluid throughout the body
How to Dry Brush
- Dry brush your skin before you shower. Be easy on your skin till you get used to it, then gradually increase the pressure.
- Use a natural bristled brush, as nylon brushes can damage your skin. A long handled one will make it easier to brush your back.
- Beginning with the soles of your feet, brush upwards toward your heart.
- When you’ve dry brushed your legs, dry brush your hands and arms, again working toward your heart.
- Now brush your back.
- Brush your belly in clockwise, then gently brush chest and neck.
- This process should take about five minutes.
- Now you’re ready to shower
- For an extra treat, indulge in a self-massage using warm olive oil (I like to add a few drops of Lavender Oil) to nurture your skin
I hope this article has encouraged you to try dry brushing! Drop me a line and let me know how it works for you!
Love & Light